The purpose of MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) is to encourage, equip, and develop every mother of a preschooler as a wife, mother, and leader to the glory of Jesus Christ. It is our goal to be:
- Relevant, so that every mom will know that MOPS is for her
- Relationally Inclusive, so that every mom will feel welcome and accepted in community
- Growth-Oriented, so that every mom will be challenged to grow as a woman, mother, and leader
- Purposeful, so that every mom will know she’s part of God’s bigger purpose, picture, and plan to make a better world
As a chartered ministry, we are required to register every mom through MOPS International. This membership offers a Mom Sense Magazine subscription, Mom-E-Mails-a weekly email with an encouraging theme, access to the mops website and other MOPS goodies. The cost of the yearly membership is $23.95. You may attend one meeting to try out MOPS but we would like you to register by your second meeting. At UC MOPS we have a $4 meeting fee that goes toward childcare, the Ball State Volunteer Fair fees, meeting materials, hospitality needs and speaker gifts. Scholarships are available on request; please see Heather Bright if you need assistance! We have scheduled several play dates into our semester and these will have childcare and are free to registered MOPS moms and their kids.
Thursdays, November 21
and December 5
We run off of Delaware Community School & Muncie Community School schedules. Please check 104.1 or Channel 13 for school cancellations. If either School Coorporation is cancelled, MOPS will be cancelled. We will not cancel if the school just has a delay.
In order to get our meetings started on time, feel free to check your children in at 9:00 am.
An important aspect of MOPS is that it is a group for moms by moms. The Moms who help make this happen are the Steering Team! This year’s Team consists of…
- Ali Tokar, Discussion Team Leader, is in charge of coordinating and training the Table Leaders. (612-250-1881, email@example.com)
- Sarah Clark & Jill DuBois, Hospitality Leaders, are in charge of all refreshments and decorations! They coordinate the Hospitality Team, who is in charge of setting up the tables before the meeting and cleaning up afterwards. (215-1264, firstname.lastname@example.org) or (215-0293, email@example.com)
- Heather Bright, Finance Leader, is in charge of receiving money and registering moms through MOPS International as well as collecting meeting fees and taking attendance. (747-9135, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Julie Wilson, Craft Coordinator, is in charge of preparing and organizing craft activities and gifts.
- Shanielle Simpson, Moppetts Coordinator, organizes child care and programs for the kids. (717-2520,email@example.com)
- Lead Mentor Mom, helps coordinate the Mentor Moms
- Molly Chasteen and Stacey Dragoo are the MOPS Coordinators and help organize the overall picture of MOPS. (717-2252, firstname.lastname@example.org or 286-0242, email@example.com)
If you have any questions, comments or would like to help out in any of these areas, feel free to contact that particular person!
We love children and we want to keep them as safe and healthy as possible. In order to do this we need your help. Please do not bring your child to MOPS if they have….
- Fever greater than 100.5º
- Cloudy discharge from nose
- Questionable rashes
If your child is being treated with antibiotics, they must have been on the drug for a minimum of 24 hours before coming into a Nursery. We understand that some symptoms hang on long after the child is no longer contagious. However, if the child has a continually clear-runny nose or rash due to non-contagious allergies, we ask that we will still be informed of the symptoms. We want all of our children as healthy and happy as possible, thanks for helping us accomplish this!
Please Note: While we know that it may be difficult at times to part with your little angels, they are not allowed in the MOPS meeting unless they are nursing babies. It is unfair to the moms who have parted with their children for the morning to be distracted by others.