Looking for a place to get involved?
Don’t know which ministry you would like to join?
Try a FIRST SERVE!
At Union Chapel we believe there’s no better way to be healthy and grow than to be connected to the local body of Christ Followers; not just being served, but also serving others. Whether it’s singing on the worship team, serving in the kid’s ministry, greeting people, helping with parking or any of the hundreds of other serving opportunities, there’s a place of service that’s right for you. Not sure where to start? . . . Try First Serve!
What is First Serve?
- First Serve is an easy way for you to “test drive” the ministry of your choice to see if it is something that matches your gifts and interests. It’s designed specifically with exploration in mind.
- Attending a First Serve is not a commitment to that particular ministry. It’s no risk, no obligation!
- The First Serve is usually 30-90 minutes and will involve watching another Union Chapel volunteer and perhaps some simple hands-on involvement.
- At the end, you’ll have a chance to review your experience and see if you want to sign up for the ministry.
- A First Serve is designed for first time volunteers as well as any volunteers looking to migrate to a new ministry opportunity.
If an opportunity doesn’t suit you well, try out another First Serve! There’s no commitment or obligation; it may take you a few tries to find just the right fit and that’s okay! We believe that the church is ministering at its peak when everyone is involved in their area of gifting.