The counseling service at Union Chapel Ministries provides quality Christian counseling and support services to people in Muncie and the surrounding areas using professionally trained counselors guided by the Holy Spirit and Biblical truths. Christian care is provided by staff counselors and counseling interns daily to those who are experiencing personal problems and crisis. Mendy Saylor, director of counseling, supervises our counseling interns. The services include:
- Individual counseling (adults, adolescents, children above age 13) for spiritual, life adjustment, emotional and psychological, selected personal, or addictive problems
- Couples counseling
- Family counseling
- Financial counseling
- Nutritional counseling
- Pre-marital counseling
- Play therapy for children
The Union Chapel Counseling Center strictly protects the confidentiality of information shared during sessions. We are ethically committed to confidentiality and federal/state laws require it. This means that even your attendance in counseling is kept private and confidential.
State and Federal law states that there are four exceptions to this general rule:
- You may request (by means of a signed release) that your counselor reveal information to other individuals or agencies of your choice.
- In instances where there is imminent danger of serious harm to yourself or others.
- In cases involving physical and/or sexual abuse of children or endangered adults.
- Where otherwise requested by subpoena or mandated by court order or state/federal law.
To schedule an appointment, call 765-288-8862 or for more information, check out our website.